Monday, October 1, 2012

PUMPKIN!

How great is this: The first day of October is also National Dessert Day! What better way to celebrate both occasions than to make some yummy pumpkin desserts? That's exactly what we did today.

Here's the little McNugget helping! She really enjoyed reading the Pumpkin Pie Spice label.
And then she proceeded to push the container of Pumpkin Pie Spice into the batter.
I think she saw Mommy turning it upside down to pour some in, and she didn't realize she had to open it to do the same thing. Good thing though, or these would have had far too much spice! 

We baked No-Egg Pumpkin Cookies and Lovin From The Oven's Pumpkin Bars. I made a couple of minor alterations to those recipes, like using Pumpkin Pie spice in place of the individual spices. But they both turned out FANTASTIC. I made the cookies without Nuts, but some have raisins. I didn't use as many raisins as it called for, because I don't like super-chunky cookies. I also knew Layla would have some, and I wanted to make them easier to eat. :) 

My whole apartment smelled of pumpkin. AND I opened the windows today. The fresh air was amazing. 
I also worked out without A/C. I did this BodyRock workout. And I felt it hardcore! I couldn't even finish!! I see great results already from just a few days of BodyRocking. :) 

And, I have an interview in a Pharmacy tomorrow. I'm pretty stoked about that one. Wish me luck, and keep those fingers crossed! 

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment