Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Baking In My Undies!

Last night I decided I wanted to bake something yummy. I had picked up some canned pumpkin dirt cheap the other night, and wanted to use some, because, well, who doesn't love pumpkin? I wanted to do something new--not the pumpkin cupcakes again (although they were amazing!), and not a pumpkin pie (because we already had one in the fridge). I did some research and found a great idea, and made my own recipe from it. Here we go...My recipe for Pumpkin Brownies!

I guess these might technically be considered "Blondies", but they have chocolate in them, so I call them brownies.


Ingredients
2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of butter/margarine
1/2 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup of sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of canned pumpkin
chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a pan with aluminum foil & spray with nonstick spray.
2. Combine dry ingredients in bowl.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
4. Add egg, vanilla, and pumpkin and mix until smooth.
5. Add the dry ingredients a little at a time, and mix until it's all combined.
6. Add chocolate chips to the batter. Chocolate chips are at your discretion, if you like a lot of chocolate, more chips, less chocolate, less chips.
7. Pour batter into pan and top with chocolate chips.
8. Bake for 35 minutes or until light brown around edges.
9. As hard as it may be, let cool before removing from pan and devouring. 

AMAZING stuff. Daniel even calls them "Deliciousness". 

If you make it, be sure to let me know how they turned out!! 

Now, back to my trigonometry homework I've been neglecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment